Crews are still working to relight natural gas appliances in homes throughout the community. It is reported that several hundred homes have not yet had service restored, primarily due to absent homeowners.
Statement from Questar Gas:
"In working with our supplier, it was determined the cause of the gas outage was human error. A valve used by our supplier was accidentally left partially opened, which caused the outage. Our supplier has taken full responsibility for this, and we are working together to restore service to the area.
"We are also working with our supplier to review procedures for improvements that will prevent this from occurring again. Community assistance needed. We have visited about half of all the houses in Monticello and have restored service to most of them. However, we need help from the community.
"In an effort to relight natural gas furnaces and appliances in homes that are currently inaccessible, anyone with access to friends’ or neighbors’ homes, and who is willing to accompany Questar Gas technicians to relight appliances, please call us at 1-800-323-5517.
"Thank you for your patience and cooperation. Our next update is scheduled for 10 p.m."